- 16 posts on this blog (17 including this one) - fifth consecutive year of a post per month
- weekly posts through November as part of NaBloPloMo2019
- started running a weekly exercise class in the park in Bath
- joined the hospitality team in church
- ran a D&D game for a part of the year
- another year of the Year in Pictures site, up to 27 photographers
- 97 contributions to various projects on github (which is, on reflection, hardly an achievement)
- loads of photos on my flickr stream
My writing has increased at the cost of ... more or less everything else. The list above is feeble, but I need to remember that it's not quite as bad as it looks. I am reading a lot more, and while I make the same joke every year about playing videogames they do help me relax and so playing more this year is actually a success in and of itself. Indeed, it was one of my resolutions. Speaking of which:
Resolution count: 4/10 - down on last year. Sad times.
Although I don't reflect on work here, I do need to remember that while exhausting this year has been a success - the high point being my becoming a Senior Civil Servant. I set myself two "work resolutions" and managed to score 1.5/2 which is much better and, unfortunately, demonstrates where too much of my focus has been. This year I need to work out how to manage to keep a life around work.
More importantly, next year needs to be about something other than work. As a priority, I need to sort out my health - both physical and mental - and I need to positively engage with a community. Fortunately I seem to have found one I like, so that is a good start. Ideally I'd like to re-engage with some positive social change outside of work - charity work or similar. But I need to sort out the foundations first, so we'll call that a stretch goal.
Brace for another decade.